Return to Tutorials
Problem workarounds and linking alternatives among merged
Download this project's source code
1. Adjusting </UL> to place all sub-CHM "Books" at Level 1
After "tweaking" the TOC as best you can in the TOC Composer, go to the Windows Explorer and find the .HHC file in the project folder.
Notice there is a </UL> placed between the last merged file reference and the final closing </object> tag. This must be cut and pasted beside the <object type="text/sitemap"> tag that begins the list of merged files.
2. Standard link from topic in one chm to topic of another in same folder.(Note the "ms-its:" prefix being used in front of the filename.)
3. Alink button showing Alink topics among all CHMs.
4. Shortcut button opening a CHM in a separate window.
5. Related topicsbutton opening a topic in a Secondary Window.